Monday, 12 January 2015

Check up number two!

My appointment at fracture clinic went well. Having the steri strips removed  was a bit painful  and having it wiped was stingy too. My surgeon is very pleased with it. He says it is still wet due to the humid climate and that's always the same here. I managed to get photos this week of the foot and my xrays too. 

Swollen but bunionless! 





               
                                    



                         Below- the morning of the op.Before and 10 days afterI had my dressing changed which was nice as the other was horrible! I took pics of foot and xrays too. It looks a bit yuk, rather gammy! Foot is making suffer for to much walking today as we went to a couple of shops only briefly but wow does it hurt now. A throbbing pain, so I'm back on the sofa with my foot up and watching my favourite programmes. The relief is usually almost immediate usually but not today. 

Water cooler leaked so I've had to mop that up and now my foot is banging! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That “before and after photo” of your foot is quite interesting. I did not realize that bunions could grow like that. You must feel so much better after having the bunion removed. It looks like it makes a major difference. Hopefully your healing went well and you are back to your normal every day activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Freddie! Right foot is now 21 months on and left 19 months on. Both look and feel great!

    ReplyDelete